Raise

Got one today. My boss came in from his vacation just to make sure I got the letter showing I have moved another notch up the pay scale.

He's a good man, my boss. He tries to make sure we all feel rewarded, both emotionally and financially, for our work. He wanted to give me a raise earlier, but I had a bad autumn so he didn't feel it was right. Then things (meaning I) took a turn for the better in early winter and he saw that I deserved my raise but that ship had sailed. That's when he gave me a one-time bonus and a promise to revisit the matter in April.

I heard nothing in April, but I knew he couldn't press the point until the matter of our department's existence was settled. Now that it is, and my boss is still pleased with my performance, I got the raise.

I asked him if he was desperately trying to keep me from quitting, which made him laugh. Made me laugh, too. If that other department still wants me (haven't heard yet), they're going to have to fight hard.

I am grateful for this show of faith, kindness and abundance. Life is good.

Comments

SolSionnach said…
Congrats!
I'm so glad that you're on top of this situation. :) :)
Keera Ann Fox said…
Thank you!
So am I. :-)
Paula said…
Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all