Insults and the right to free speech
Bloggers all over are currently discussing the suggestion of a blogging code of conduct, where bloggers are required to refrain from insults and threats, or get their blogs yanked. The debate is generally anti-code, justified by the claim that it is freedom of speech to say what you want, and said freedom is protected by the US constitution. The thing is, we aren't discussing political blogs or racist blogs or pornographic blogs or blogs that in general have some kind of inflammatory material on them. We are discussing blogs much like my own: One person's personal outlet offered to the world because it's a rewarding thing to do (get to write, get to share, get feedback). But on some blogs, commenters are leaving insults and threats, including death threats. The general reaction to this, that I have seen so far, is if you can't tolerate some sicko comments on your blog, you are too sensitive for blogging so just stop blogging. Don't bitch about the internet being...

Comments
I looked at the larger version of the photo and am completely lost as to the words on second-from-left building. First thought was "SILD - FISK" might mean seafood (SILD, I dunno, a name of a fish, and FISK means fish) but it doesn't look like a fishmonger's to me!
What a beautiful place though.
Tom
Have a great Wednesday,
xoxo
Don't be a stranger. :)
(Seriously: there are permanently shaded areas everywhere. I'm curious how much snow much be left in such places by the summertime.)
max
['Curious.']
Zuzana, "gamla stan" has a bit in common with Bergen. I want to see it again.
Paula, you've probably discovered I'm no stranger now. :-)
Max, we do have some permanent snow here and there in the mountains, usually deep in some bowl, which keeps the bottom mostly in the shade.
To all: Thanks for the compliments!