Widgets and writing

Finally put one on my blog, didn't I. No, not writing - I've been doing that for quite a while. Well, it's what I tell people. I mean, the widget. I got me a widget. Look left. No, your other left. There, see it? Widget begotten here and not as fancy as the one Paula got (hers has hours and minutes and an oven light), but I couldn't tweak the colors on hers so I got this one so I could spend all morning trying to remember what colors I used in my own template. Well, OK, part of the morning.

So what's the countdown for/to? NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth, which starts November 1 and which I have decided I will join and participate in and be a part of, because it's not really national, it's international and you don't even have to use English and probably not even proper grammar but neither nor may you utilize anything already previously written. The idea is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. The idea is also to suffer with as many people at once (think Facebook with chaos and ruined home life added), and I am told that some are currently furiously dieting in order to be able to sustain themselves on irregular eating habits and junk food (no, the two aren't the same thing) for the 30 days hath November, er, of November. I'm behind, as usual, since I operate best with a looming deadline, like, in front of your face looming, so on October 31st I'll panic and starve for about 3 hours. My usual.

URL, you say? As in, is there one to this hectic once-annually writefest? Certainly. Oh, you just past it.

Comments

Paula said…
I forgot to tweak the colors on my widget. Oh well. Maybe later. After making a big thing about how I was going to start dieting and outlining on September 1, I uh . . . didn't. Well, I dieted for 36 hours, but that's pretty much it. Okay, I'll start Monday. This weekend's a lost cause already.
Keera Ann Fox said…
It's not tweakable. That's why I went with a different one. Bold black just doesn't look right in my sidebar.

So, we get to have cupcakes this weekend, after all?
Kos said…
I'm not even going to attempt to participate this year. Good luck to you, though!
Keera Ann Fox said…
Thanks, Jefe! It'll be my first time.
Webmiztris said…
good luck with NaNo....I'd never be able to do that!
Keera Ann Fox said…
Hoo, well, I'm trying it just to see what regular, daily writing might be like. Is failure an option? And does it have auto-save?

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all