Return of the Rat

Today is the start of the Chinese new year, and the start of the year of the Rat. I was born in the year of the Rat, so I'm wondering if this can be seen as some sort of "return" like in western astrology, where a new cycle starts when a planet returns to the same position it has in your birth chart. The sun does this every year, which is why English speaking folks say "many happy returns" to someone on their birthday.

The Wikipedia description of the Rat more or less fits, with one huge exception: "Will not think twice about exacting revenge" is accurate only if it means I won't think about revenge at all. Even if it would be nice to see people who hurt me get their come-uppance, I can't be bothered to bring it about myself. Too much work. And too much karma.

Comments

Sparkling Red said…
Hey, I'm a rat too! 1972. And I also rarely think in terms of revenge. It's not a good use of energy.
Keera Ann Fox said…
Well, many happy returns, then!

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all