I successfully drew an arc

I have nothing to report, nothing to add, nothing to say, so I find myself wishing it were leap day today so I could just ignore blogging today.

It's not like absolutely nothing happens in my life or that I'm unhappy or whatever. I have a friend laid up in a hospital in Austria because on his last day of winter vacation, he got run down by a Dane on the ski slope, and got his leg and wrist broken. We've been texting each other. Funny thing is, I dreamt about running over a cat, leaving it with a broken leg.

In other news, I ate spicy noodle soup, and changed purses today, just because, and am pleased by that (and the soup). I was a bit tired of the other purse and wanted something a tad classier looking, and anyway I was looking for the lottery card, because of course, the gang at work put me in charge of purchasing the lottery tickets every 10 weeks, and for that I need the lottery card with the pin code (oh, what was that code again?) so that we don't have to monitor the lottery tickets manually. I already transferred some things from my wallet to a new coin purse and some credit card holders, but not the lottery card.

In other news, my co-worker left it up to me to draw a diagram. That's what I get for thinking out loud. "Just do a few simple boxes, no need to color them…" The customer had used PowerPoint and really wanted the arcing arrow in the finished diagram, too. It's a flow chart of sorts describing various customer services. I chose to use InDesign and in a flash of insight and memory jogging, remembered how to use the pen tool to draw an arc and added an arrowhead to. If I may say so, I'm rather pleased that I was able to do that. Arcs and arrows tend to baffle those of us who work mainly with placing text and photos. The print-out of my finished work is on my co-worker's desk so he can take it to our customer and show him on Wednesday, as promised.

And the lottery card was in my purse the whole time.

Comments

Sparkling Red said…
I was part of a lottery pool at my workplace, but the administration of it was too much for the people who set it up in the first place, so no one does it anymore. :-(
Keera Ann Fox said…
I inherited the job. I suspect by virtue of my gender, since the one I inherited it from also was female. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all