At a 12th grade reading level

I have a LiveJournal blog. I don't use it; it's just there so I don't have to leave anonymous comments on friends' LiveJournals. As a lark, I used a LiveJournal-oriented Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level test to see what level of reading comprehension my little post would require. Here is the result:

kafox's Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 12
Average number of words per sentence:16.17
Average number of syllables per word:1.77
Total words in sample:97
Analyze your journal! Username:
Another fun meme brought to you by rfreebern

And here's the text of my LiveJournal post that only a high school senior can read and understand:

"I got tired of being anonymous
This ain't my blog or anything. I just got tired of being anonymous when commenting on friends' LiveJournals, so I signed up.
If you really want to find me, check out my homepage home.online.no/~kafox/ or my blog home.online.no/~kafox/blogfiles/."

Comments

Tim said…
Hmm . . . I'm not quite sure how to comment to that one. :)
Keera Ann Fox said…
I just hope that a real 12th grade reading level is a lot better than what the test claims!
Paula said…
Grade 12 is high school senior here. I think that's pretty good. Whenever I tell MS Word to rate a chunk of my romance novel, I get like 7th grade, bummer!
Keera Ann Fox said…
Maybe Word doesn't have a higher reading level itself. ;-)
Tim said…
Does Word have much of a reading level at all? I mean, it does have spell check and other grammar correcting tools.

I wouldn't worry about it. I read advanced material, yet when I test myself, they say I've just above a 12th grade reading level. Hmph!

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all