10 years ago, 10 years from now

A meme elsewhere poses the question about what one was doing 10 years ago. Oddly, I can no more imagine that than where I want to be 10 years from now. 1996/age 35 does not stand out in my head. If I'm able to dig up some photos or something, it'll probably jog my memory. I know where I was working, at a different department than where I am now, but again, nothing stands out. No moves, no illness, no boyfriend. The drama, what drama there was, was in 1994 and 1997.

But if who I was 10 years ago could see me now, see me still at the same company, in the same home, sans Grandma and cat, and a few other people, and also without some old anger issues, what would she think? I think she'd think it was all a bit scary but also cool. Who I am now is far happier, stronger and aware than the 35-year-old me. I see progress even if I'm still at the same company and in the same apartment.

So 10 years from now? More of the same. More happiness, more strength, more awareness. I think this may be the first time in my life I've actually had something this concrete to say about future goals.

Should I add "...and have completed my first novel."? ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all