The body knows

It's been a crazy month. I have felt like a teenager again. I have been totally disorganized, scatter-brained, tired, and lazy. It reminds me of myself when I was in my teens.

I have had fun searching the Internet for answers. Came up with a whole bunch:

I have ADD (attention deficiency disorder).

Well, that explains why I never get any work done around the house! So I ordered a book about housekeeping for messies and signed up for an ADD mailing list. Which lead me to conclude I'm:

Hypoglycemic. Or was it hyperglycemic.

Since I'd already been sniffing around the low-carb diet thing I figured this fit. So I ordered a book called "Sugar Blues" explaining why sugar is a poison (an excerpt can be read here). And I'd been eating a lot more carbs/sugar this past month. Hrm. But one article about hypoglycemia also mentioned hypoadrenocorticism.

So I am hypoadrenocortical or something.

Yeah, that's it, because that explains the IBS, too. And here's the astrology of that. Considering that I have Mars opposition Saturn (mentioned in the linked article) and my Mars is in the natural house of Libra (the 7th), it's no wonder my adrenals finally reacted. (I'm sure there's something ayurvedic going on here, too.) Well, Amazon.co.uk has been my friend thoughout and coughed up "You are all Sanpaku" as a book bought by others who bought what I bought. So:

I'm Sanpaku!

Yes, that's it! The blurb on Amazon.co.uk reads: "The revolutionary book that first launched the Macrobiotic revolution in 1965 is now back to reintroduce the condition called Sanpaku, a grave physical and spiritual imbalance that can lead to chronic fatigue, bad humour, inability to sleep soundly and a lack of precision in thought." Well, gee, that's me! Sanpaku.

And the penny dropped. I had increased my sugar intake this past month, neglected to take my Omega 3-capsules and stopped adding nuts to my breakfast cereal. What gets me is how quickly my body responds to these changes, and how forcefully it says, "Not back to the old ways. No good." Moon (changeable) in Gemini (changeable) in house of health and mutable (changeable) signs ruling house of health (6th) and general constitution (1st).

I used to try to lean towards macrobiotics. One of the first virtually vegetarian diets I tried. And I loved the emphasis on whole grains and vegetables because those are food groups I truly enjoy. I'm not really a meat or fruit person. I would rather eat bread and carrots. So I should have listened to my body from the get-go. Personal preference is a good guide.

I've been told that if you leave kids to pick food for themselves, after a while, they'll pick healthy stuff. I think anyone can do this, but only if their own sense of appetite isn't destroyed. I'm amazed at how many people have no contact with their own stomachs. They eat according to mood or the time, not because they are hungry – and they don't/can't stop eating when they are full, because they are eating according to mood or the time. And there's this "carb addiction" thing. I think I had a dose of that this month. It really does make a difference to cut back on the sweets.

But I ain't giving up coffee. Not yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all