Settling into a new home

So I got my own domain something like four years ago, and the stuff I have here is still in limbo. It's like moving house: Taking everything I have in the old home, and trying to make it fit and function in the new one. Some things look fine, some don't fit, some have no purpose in the new place. And some things end up in new configurations that bring new joy and discovery.
I'm hoping very much for that last. I have this website/blog*, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and now Flickr (because I discovered I'd better have an extra back-up of my photos). In trying to post something everywhere, I'm feeling scattered.
I like short tweets. I like instantly posting a photo. But I also like having complete control over my own stuff and waxing on about it, offering far more than 140 characters at a time and why not a handful photos, too?
The one thing that bugs me the most is Facebook. It's like a bar that you hate, but all your friends love it so that's where you meet and spend your time and money even though it sucks and you all discuss finding somewhere else, but can't quite make the move.
So instead of posting on Facebook, I'll update here. Fantastic stuff like, "I'm eating salad with a spoon. Can't spear nuts." OK, maybe that should go on Twitter.
What can go here are some photos from a walk around town recently:
Nedre Fjellsmug (Lower Mountain Alley) offers a rather pretty intersection
Bergen has acquired a couple of organic cafés in recent years. Grandma and her chainsaw (Mormor med motorsagen) hangs in Bastant in Steinkjellergaten.

An unusual view of Bergen. The roofs of Radisson Blu Hotel Bryggen and to their right, the twin towers of St. Mary's church (Mariakirken). 
At some point, I'll write about visiting Oslo on Labor Day weekend in May. In the meantime: Yours truly in front of Norway's parliament (Stortinget)


OK, that was fun! I feel like I finally unpacked all the boxes and put everything away.



*) I keep moving around. So this post makes no sense on Blogger, but made sense when I was hosted at One.com, then Squarespace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all