Gray, no way! (And yay!)

Tim's comment that the color of the wild roses on yesterday's post was soothing, got me thinking. The more I looked at the brilliant magenta of the roses, the more I realized that although the color is strong, it does not agitate. And that got me thinking about some other colors.

There is some major rebuilding going on at work, opening up our office space to more cramped actual work areas by the windows, and with café-like socializing areas near the window-less entry area into each floor. This week, the temporary walls in the first floor came down and we have all had a chance to get a sneak preview of our new work space.

All I saw were gray walls. And I felt like panicking.

I guess each of us not only has a favorite color, but also a loathed color. When I take those personality tests based on which color you pick first and last, I always pick gray last. It comes after colors like brown, green and orange. Though I own some gray clothes, it is not a color I want to see in large chunks, like on walls. I simply cannot understand why anyone would want gray walls.

On Monday, as I stared into the gray of our refurbished first floor, punctuated by bright red and orange, I discovered to my surprise that it started to hurt to see all that gray.

Today I happened to take another peek at the first floor. All white. Stark, snowy, brilliant white. I was relieved. I don't have worry about my sanity or being forced to get another job because of a color choice. Whew!

Comments

Tim Clevenger said…
LOL! If you'd seen some of the color schemes I've had to put up with (i.e. - our rental house), you'd be very thankful for plain jane grey. ;)
Keera Ann Fox said…
Not necessarily. I grew up in the 70's. ;-)
Tim Clevenger said…
Ah . . . well, I will still take a picture of the carpeting and you'll see what I mean. Yep, a Norwegian house with carpeting, and it certainly wasn't our idea.
Keera Ann Fox said…
I like carpeting, especially in winter.

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all