What I like about foreign fashion magazines are the perfume samples, the pages that have scent on them so you get a whiff while reading an article. It's a little bit of luxury.

Sometimes I wonder why we like the scents we do. I prefer light citrusy, floral types and some tree scents. My current favorite is The Body Shop's Moonflower. I love the scent of roses but wouldn't wear the scent. I love the scent of vanilla, too - in food, not on me.

But every once in a while I take a bath with essential oils in it. My favorite scents then are orange and germanium, but I use all sorts of oils to accomplish whatever it is I need: Fighting off a cold, relaxing, easing muscles, focusing. Then I use lavender, eucalyptus, ylang ylang, jasmine...

My enjoyment of scent seems to be connected to my Moon, which is in Gemini. I have yet to fall for the musky scents or Oriental spicy ones I've read are suitable for Sagittarians. I do not care for musk and heavy spicy scents. I'd certainly never have them on my body.

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all