So this is 2005...

For me personally, it's been a pleasant weekend and week. I've watched a lot of good movies on TV – all of them interrupted by news updates from South Asia.

I don't usually get worked up about anything. Life just is, and death is a part of it. Shit happens and all that. If I'm able to help, I will, but often I do pick and choose who I donate money to. I have a few favorite organizations who get part of my paycheck and then I ignore the rest.

But this time I am gripped. This time I felt, without anyone telling me just how awful it all is, that I must act. It's the numbers. (This could possibly be due to having my Moon (emotions) in an element that likes numbers and logic and facts (Air).) As the numbers keep creeping up, I am constantly on the verge of tears. For Norway, there are about 1400 missing from the stricken tourist areas of Thailand and now we have to assume that they will be missing forever. Empty homes that won't see their occupants return, empty desks at school tomorrow, possibly even at work.

Yesterday was declared a national day of mourning in Norway, and it was rather depressing to look out on the year's first day and see flags at half-staff.

I don't mean this blog entry to be depressing. For me personally, 2005 already feels good. I feel good. I am trying to make some changes in the new year, changes I became aware of in late 2004. So one of them is introducing comments on my blog. It's not retroactive, however, but if you want to comment on older posts, there's always e-mail.

So, comment, please? So I can tell if it works (and that you're out there). Thanks! And Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all