I feel much better and I did get some housework done this weekend. That was actually thanks to you, my invisible reader. I felt like I couldn't make a "promise" like I had Friday and then not follow through. It was odd being motivated by an unseen person's opinion. However, it did the trick. I got off my ass and followed FlyLady's crisis cleaning routine. That kept me on track.

I have to laugh at myself, and at the same time stand in awe of my own process of self-discovery. I never thought of myself as unable to organize or follow through on a project, and yet, in my wake are many abandoned projects. I just thought I didn't have the talent or something. Turns out, I am too easily bored and I also need concrete rewards/milestones. So it actually helps me to set a timer for 15 minutes. I won't have time to get bored before that timer goes off. And the other thing is, that timer makes me compete against myself. I go real fast with my little kitchen timer ticking. It becomes a game. A race between me and my little green apple (which is what my timer looks like). The nice thing about housework, is that you can see the difference. Nice reward. But just the timer going off is a milestone in itself, and encouraging to me.

So, what to pay myself? I wonder if NOK 10 a minute is too ambitious. (NOK 10 is about USD 1 in spending power.) I'll have to do some calculations and see what seems reasonable. In the meantime, I have to remember I have a goal – and that this all should be fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all