Food meme

Stolen off of Paula's plate.

1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.

1. Venison Reindeer, mmm good!
2. Nettle tea Overrated. Like drinking grass.
3. Huevos rancheros If I'm gonna have eggs, this is a good way to have 'em!
4. Steak tartare Another one of those overrated things.
5. Crocodile 6. Black pudding Yes, Paula, this is made from blood (sheep's blood) and it is bloody good.
7. Cheese fondue Oh, god, yes!
8. Carp
9. Borscht Didn't impress me.
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari Not bad.
12. Pho (Thanks for looking this up, Paula!)
13. PB&J sandwich They'd better have these in heaven!
14. Aloo gobi (like Paula, I'm not into curry, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't try this dish)
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses (I'll try any cheese)
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes Damn skippy! Apricots, for example.
19. Steamed pork buns I don't remember if I liked them.
20. Pistachio ice cream I used to be crazy about this flavor.
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries Usually pick myself, too.
23. Foie gras I'll avoid it if I can.
24. Rice and beans Calimex style, natch.
25. Brawn, or head cheese Better than it sounds.
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper I'm with Paula. Not into the kills-my-tongue spicy
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters Man, are these things overrated!!!
29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas Oddly unsatisfying
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar Oh, yes, I have!
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail If they mean oxtail soup, then, yes, and happily so.
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects I'm not sure whether or not I could eat this. Chocolate-covered ants are whole, right?
43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk Weird.
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more (Why would I say no to that?)
46. Fugu I am chicken about this fish.
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel I may try it, but I'd have to get that scene with the horse's head out of my mind first.
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin As overrated as the oysters. But if you love the taste of sea water…
51. Prickly pear Does taste like pear.
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV Christmas ale!
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads Not into offal
63. Kaolin (Yes, Paula, but also a food additive) It's in toothpaste
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain Fried banana counts, yes?
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette Not into offal
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe Having tasted regular absinthe, I suspect this another one of those overrated things.
74. Gjetost, or brunost Norway's favorite cheese!!! Yay!!! (Paula, it's pasteurized, and has a unique and somewhat sweet flavor)
75. Roadkill Only if I were starving to death.
76. Baijiun
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail Twice, even. I don't know why.
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare (bunny!)
87. Goulash
88. Flowers Like geraniums. Excellent in salads. As are clover flowers.
89. Horse Tender.
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab Overrated.
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano Didn't like.
96. Bagel and lox And cream cheese.
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake

Your turn, if you want. At least they didn't ask about eating dogs, cats or rats!

Comments

Paula said…
It's funny -- I like wasabi and some spicy Thai things, but not spicy Mexican or Indian. Or not much anyway. I can handle medium salsa, and actually make a yummy chicken dish with it.
Keera Ann Fox said…
I handle Mexican spicy better than Asian spicy, with wasabi being my exception there. That just doesn't seem hot to me. And, like you, I am not a fan of curry. I don't care for the flavor.

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all