Hot!

I have never seen my barometer this high since I got it for Christmas - a whopping 1055 mb. Can't say I've seen the humidity this high, either, (it's pointing at 60; sorry about the flash) and this is indoors!

It's around 11 am and my balcony, which is in the shade on the west side of my apartment, is showing 24C/75F. We are expecting 28C/82F in the shade today. That is very unusual!

The morning sun has been warming up my east-facing kitchen all morning and the temperature there is 28C/82F - which explains the liquifying coconut oil in my cupboard.

It was hotter yesterday, though, at 30C/86F in the shade. When I open my balcony door, the sun hits the thermometer on it and I get to watch the needle soar over 42C/108F. Unlike the natives, I seek shade and stay still. I know we need to stock up on sunshine and that this weather is a blessing, but I'm still a California girl in the sun.

Comments

alice said…
And we're finally getting some rain! It's been raining and drizzling on and off for two days now! I'm loving it and my tomato plants are perking up at last! I'm happy to be rid of the heat for a while, too -- sorry you're the ones who ended up with it!
Keera Ann Fox said…
Ha! Vacation + heat = thinking of you. ;-) I'll live. I'm more prepared this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all