Filmed on location on a computer

I found myself wondering if the actors in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" ever left the sound stage. But who cares. It's Indiana Jones!

It's been almost a year since I went to the movies, but as an Indiana Jones-fan, I just had to see the fourth movie on a big screen, like I had the other three. The opening sequences were frustrating, with a tired-looking and -acting Harrison Ford, but once they whisked him away from the Nevada desert, Indy was back!

In spite of predictability ("How many punches can Indy take without falling down? Oh, thirteen dozen, give or take."), some totally non-Indy and badly animated rodents in the beginning (also happily left behind in the Nevada desert; the ants were better), obvious breakage of laws of physics (and geography), and the crystal skull looking like plastic because the actors handled it like plastic, I enjoyed the movie. The plot was good, the chase scenes likewise (again with the military and lots of trucks, but fresh), and I actually put my hands to my face during some perilous moments. I loved the scenery (some real, some shot on location inside the Matrix, er, computer) and got a kick out of references to the first three movies (and a nice picture of Sean Connery). Number Four fits in nicely next to Numbers One, Two and Three, also in look and feel. And Harrison Ford still has a nice butt (thanks, Harry, for staying in shape).

The best part? The promise of more movies. If you haven't seen the movie, telling you why would be a spoiler, so I won't say. Let me just say that I believe the producers have found a way to keep Indiana Jones going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all