Blackjack

Taken from Paula.

  1. What was the last blog you left a comment on?
    Victoria's.
  2. Favorite black and white movie?
    Young Frankenstein, which has the distinction of being the first movie I laughed out loud at in a movie theater.
  3. What’s in your freezer right now?
    Assorted veggie mixes, left-over chili, bread. My freezer's actually too small for my current needs.
  4. How many pillows do you have on your bed?
    Only the two relatively flat ones I sleep with. I don't get that whole smother-the-bed-in-pillows thing.
  5. Do you regularly share your bed with anyone?
    Only dust mites.
  6. Do you sleep in pajamas, undies, nude, or other?
    Other, which means either nightgown or T-shirt. I cannot sleep with a draft on my shoulders.
  7. If you won $50,000, what would you do with it?
    Pay off my mortgage and take a year off work.
  8. Something nice you did for someone today?
    That would be myself. I had a nice soak in the tub and had a lovely meditation while I was there.
  9. Something bad you did to someone today?
    Myself again, until my meditation straightened me out.
  10. Hardest class you took in school?
    The first that springs to mind is American Government because we were over-crowded and under-taught and I got my only D in high school. But honestly, it was my 8 am typing class in my junior year in high school. I got detention several times because I just couldn't show up on time.
  11. Ever been in a car accident?
    No.
  12. What is one food you won’t eat?
    My first thought was deep-fried spiders, but I think actually it's anything that's still able to move around on my plate.
  13. Why?
    Why do you think?!?
  14. Would you ever eat dog meat?
    Sure.
  15. What is something as a child you wanted to grow up to become, but didn’t?
    Stewardess. Just as well.
  16. Name one place in the US you haven’t seen but want to?
    Tennessee.
  17. Name one place outside the US?
    Lisbon.
  18. Favorite smells?
    Huh? Smells? Oh, uh... Wait, I know! Pumpkin pie! And roses.
  19. If you could pick any game show to compete on, which would it be?
    Hollywood Squares. They don't have that in Norway. May have something to do with not having Hollywood, either.
  20. Where did you go on your last real vacation and who did you go with?
    Such a US-centric question. All Europeans take real vacations. The one I had last year lasted three whole weeks and took place in Alaska, Canada, Nevada and California, mainly with my mother.
  21. Your best birthday was for which age?
    All of them. Every last one is a good one.

Comments

Paula said…
It's about time you did this meme! Maybe I should move to Europe: I can't seem to swing real vacations anymore. It's close to impossible to find a week when we're all free, plus they're so costly and stressful. Jeff gets behind on his work, and then his clients are nagging. What to do with the kitties? Etc.
SolSionnach said…
Here's another q for you, Keera: Would you ever eat CAT meat?
FWIW, it's way easier for me (as a dog person) to consider eating cat meat than dog meat.
Keera Ann Fox said…
Paula, European countries actually have laws that regulate time off and vacation pay. I can't not take a vacation, as it were, nor can my company deny me one. Doesn't necessarily help the self-employed, though.

Sravana, of course I'd eat cat meat if it were offered. I am not sentimental about where my food comes from. My concerns are with how the animals raised for food are treated, and I am far more shocked at the protection demanded for whales but not for cows, than at the idea of eating a poodle, the other white meat. ;-)
Anonymous said…
Answered!

max
['!']
Keera Ann Fox said…
And read. Thanks, Max. (And you need to see California. Just sayin'.)

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all