What shook loose in a brain-wracking

I don't think I have a boring life, but I have little to report because I'm not the sort of person who has some sort of activity to do every single day. Well, I do, like writing a daily blog post, but I guess nothing I consider interesting enough to write about. I doubt you want a daily list of "Got up, went to work, had salad with beans, went home, had dinner without beans, wrote this, went to bed."

One lunch buddy I hadn't seen since before Christmas asked me if there was anything new to report in the new year, and I said no. I said that wasn't as bad as it sounds, because I am healthy and happy and I wouldn't want that to change.

I did lie a little. Right now, the biggest challenge in my life is a - hemorrhoid. And to tackle that, I am trying EFT. I am struggling to find the right "trigger phrase" and after trying about a half dozen, I think I'll settle for the short and sweet "Letting go, letting God". Has the EFT helped any so far? It has eased the problem, but what I'm aiming for is a complete cure. But it's fun to learn something new.

Also fun to learn about is my new iMac. There have been a few minor glitches: A bug in the menu bar that freezes the clock after a while and my old iMac died. Totally. I have to find a cabinet for the hard drive so I can wipe it. Or maybe just destroy the thing. It looks like the power supply's shot on the old war horse, an unexpected development. It's easier to get at the hard drive.

A lot of fun things happen at work (and some frustrating ones, too), but since my policy is to not write about work on my blog, I cannot tell you about the wonderful goofiness I get to enjoy every day nor about the interesting people I work with or the little oddities, pleasantries and annoyances that come from working in an office building that contains hundreds of people. Or cutenesses: A Norwegian tradition in the first whole week of January is to have a "Christmas tree party". It's strictly for the kids and is the final act of yule, before the tree is tossed. Santa shows up one last time and gives each child a little gift. My company throws such a party for the employees' kids. On my way home from work today, I was therefore treated to the sight of co-workers' children dressed up for the evening's party. A little peek into the personal lives of fellow employees.

Comments

Sparkling Red said…
Wow, Santa comes back again? The kids in Norway sure are lucky. :-)
alice said…
I will be thrilled if I can spend most of the year with "nothing to report." I've spent so much of the past year and a half under siege that a boring day-to-day existence will be delicious!
Keera Ann Fox said…
Time to tell the kids to manage on their own and send that Santa to Alice! :-D

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all