We're having a heatwave!

Except nobody calls it that here. A record 26.6 C (79.9 F) in the shade during the first week of June in Bergen (60N23 latitude) is not a heatwave; it's SUMMER and is to be celebrated, enjoyed, marvelled at and hoped to last. It is nice compensation for last winter's three months straight of overcast and wet weather.

I'm not unaffected. I'm actually overly cheerful. I get out on my balcony every afternoon and tan myself. I sweat if I walk fast. I find it a little harder to sleep at night. This country has no air conditioning anywhere. The upside: I can go to work or shopping without a jacket because there is no cold blast of air indoors. The downside: No cold blast of air on stuffy, crowded city buses.

I had a point to this weather report. Oh, yes: Who can be bothered updating a blog when there's SUMMER to be enjoyed?

In other news: Today marks the 102nd anniversary of Norway's independence from Sweden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all