Slacker report

I'm a slacker, apparantly. I don't update daily. (Actually, I'm considerate. I don't want to bore my readers.) Life is so not-worth-writing about that what I really need is some stupid blog test but my sources (other slackers) have not provided me with any inspiration lately. Therefore I offer random thoughts from this week past:

  • The best hugs are given with one arm over the other person's shoulder, and the other arm around their waist. Meet in the middle of their back for that extra squeeze.
  • Women stalked by ex-husbands get no police protection, in spite of the Norwegian government asking them to. In fact, some women seeking help are told to just get used to the idea that they may be killed. (Yes, I'm shocked and outraged.)
  • Norwegian newspapers suck. There's no news in them.
  • iTunes has updated itself with an iTunes Plus feature (when they start adding "Plus" to a feature, I get skeptical). After three days of frustration (interrupted downloads), my previously DRM-ed songs are now DRM-free and uncompressed.
  • I'm eating coconut oil and drinking apple cider vinegar, and not eating bread, and maybe it's all helping or maybe I'll be sorry. At any rate, waistband not's cutting into my middle.
  • Living room's almost completely decluttered. There's one pile left but that's for the next time I sit down in front of the TV.
  • George Harrison had a wicked sense of humor. His songs are funny.
  • I'm finally rating all my iTunes songs.
  • I will no longer sync my PDA to my computer. Must consolidate all these calendars, so since I no longer use my PDA for anything else but playing Sudoku (total addiction, that), iCal syncing to my Nokia N73 it is.
  • About 3 out of 4 Norwegian drivers don't use their directional signals. This is a major reason for accidents, according to the insurance industry. (Ya think?)
  • My Raggedy Anne doll, one of the few things I have from my childhood (and like me, she left the US for the Norway in 1969), is getting laundered for the first time in both her and my life. In one of those mesh bags for fine washables. I'm risk-taking but not completely stupid. 'Sides, her left eye is ready to pop out.
  • Whoa, the DRM-free and uncompressed version of Andrew Strong's "Out of Time" sounds good!
  • The neighbor's cat is getting skinny.
  • I like that Blogger now autosaves drafts.
  • "Ugly Betty" is becoming the week's highlight on TV.
  • I washed my hair in the morning and chose not to dry it. It rained on me on my way to work and I put up my umbrella. Why? My hair was already wet.
  • I dreamt about a little house spider (a brown one, they don't scare me like black ones), and in my dream it fell onto my bed and I backed up 50 yards (or tried to) but wasn't freaking like I usually do, and then the spider was on my bottom lip. I calmly blew it off. I'm still trying to figure out what that dream means.
  • I ordered clothes in size "Large" (I used to need XS panties) and will pick up package later today.
  • I'm not going back to the masseur I was seeing at work. Chemistry's not right, though the massage itself was.
  • I'm thinking about cutting my hair short and whispy again, even if straight bobs (which is what I have) are in this season. My hair appointment's in a week.
  • Sparrows with nests are noisy. The magpies in the birch trees have babies. They aren't noisy.
  • McDonald's Fajita salad was pleasant new acquaintance. And for some reason, the Coke regular just didn't appeal.

Any questions? Google 'em. I'm such a slacker I can't be bothered giving you links.

Comments

Paula said…
Hee! You know I was kidding -- I've been a "slacker" myself this week. Anyway, that's terrible about the stalking. I had the McD's Caesar salad yesterday and it wasn't bad.
Keera Ann Fox said…
You may have been kidding, but it was motivational. I posted, didn't I? ;-)

There are some things about Norway that had one co-worker wondering how the h*** the UN could declare this country one of the best in the world. I like McD's because it is un-Norwegian with its workers being efficient, helpful to each other and the customers, polite and cheerful. Heh, I feel another blogpost coming on.

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all