Cleaning out my surf-box

I have a folder in my mail application, labelled "surf" into which goes e-mails containing links to sites to read or explore later. Most of the mails are from myself to myself. Here are some gems worth sharing:

  • It’s not what you plan to do that comes first, it’s what you’re willing to give up to make time and space to do it. From the Lifehack article Letting Things Go, which is a good read for us procrastinators. It touches on one reason we don't do what we want to do: We simply don't make the time for it.
  • Somewhat related to the above is Merlin Mann's suggestion for getting a fresh start by replacing one project. Find something that gets you really excited and makes you feel energized and hopeful about the prospects in your life. Pretend for a moment that you can finally scratch an itch that you may never have acknowledged until now. [...] Excise something stupid, and undertake something cool.
  • Widgety goodness - via your browser (seems to work in Camino, though Firefox is recommended). I still don't know what to use Protopage for, myself. It is the web equivalent of walking into a stationary store and seeing a dozen different types of planners complete with extras (like maps and stuff), and then I end up browsing for hours.
  • Wallpapers (as Windows users call desktop pictures). My link puts you in the middle of landscapes and animals, or something. Can't read the writing.
  • One of many logic games.
  • Sound effects for your mailbox. I'm a sucker for Bugs Bunny.
  • Stanford U as podcasts. Keep on learning!

Comments

SolSionnach said…
Mercy, those desktop images are *lovely*... but they are too large to center correctly for my computer, which has the next smaller size screen.

Bummer. That one of the trees rocks bigtime.
Keera Ann Fox said…
Since I don't speak the lingo, I don't know where else on the site smaller (or larger) versions can be found. But if you want, I can scale one for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Brave enough, after all