Whoa, four days?

Seriously, has it been four days since my last post? What have I been up to?

Well, it's been another one of those weeks, where I've been busy with Real Life. Specifically, I've been busy gathering fleas. For a fleamarket. Yes, they call it that here in Norway, too (except it Norwegian, of course - "loppemarked"). I have been decluttering, and it has felt good. Now to finish the decluttering job and call the flea market people (who represent a brass band based not far from my hairdresser's part of town).

I also need to declutter my shopping cart, since the store not 300 feet from me is closing its doors after tomorrow. That means shopping at the center where I work, and hauling stuff up the hill. Better with wheels. The shopping cart was last used almost two years ago to haul home something from Grandma's place. I don't remember what. It's going to be a treasure hunt!

In other news, I've been revamping my (other) webpages. I was uploading all kinds of stuff to Flickr and then got to the 200 photo limit of a free account. Well, I'm spending money for dot Mac (Apple's own disk subscription thingy) so I thought I'll use more of that rather than subscribe to Flickr. So the Flickr links to the left are gone, new and altered photo albums are up (via my homepage), and will be updated and added onto there. One of the albums is following Ortuvann through 2007, inspired by my "walkies".

And - I'm finally putting up the photos from my California trip two years ago. Also soon to come: A new look and name for Astroblog.

Yep, you heard it here first (if you hadn't, I'd be worried). Since I no longer blog about things "astro" on a regular basis, the blog needs a new name. I also have wanted to personalize its look a bit more. I finally got the idea for both a name and a way to illustrate it that I liked, and last night I thoroughly enjoyed being creative with Photoshop - even impressing myself. My idea worked! I didn't frustrate myself but actually kept on inspiring myself! Can't beat that!

So Watch This Space.

Comments

Paula said…
Thanks for the warning!
Keera Ann Fox said…
I was thinking of you. ;-)
SolSionnach said…
Wow, that will give me something to look forward to when I get back from my trip.

Question: will the blogger RSS feed still work with the new title? If not, you'll need to provide a linkey.. :)
Keera Ann Fox said…
My blog has always been published to my homepage site and that address won't change.
Kos said…
Ooh, can't wait! I finally finished mine, as much as I'll ever be finished because I get bored easily. I'll probably dramatically change it again soon.
Keera Ann Fox said…
Now I'm sorry I've said anything. I'm afraid the build-up's too big. :-)

Changing a blog's look is dangerous, IME, because I, as a reader, have dropped some blogs after they changed their appearance because I either felt lost, didn't like it (esp. light on dark print), or they added "clutter" (conversely, some blogs gained me as a reader after they changed appearance). For that reason, my own changes won't be that dramatic.
Webmiztris said…
i'm watching!

still watching this space.

....

Hmm, nothing's happening.

....

how long's this gonna take?

:)

sorry, I'm in a RILLY weird mood today...LOL
Keera Ann Fox said…
You and my ISP. At 7 pm last night, everything went kaphlooey. They've been struggling to get service back, and in the over 24 hours since this started, I've been able to go online for only a couple of hours total. So that's delayed any online work I was going to do.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is finally fixed. It must've been a doozy, because everything went offline: cable modem and cable TV.

Popular posts from this blog

Cleaning out my surf-box

Brave enough, after all